Join over 900 people in owning one of your very own DIYElectronics Prusa i3 printers fully supported by the leading experts in the local 3D printing community.
Our Prusa i3 is an all inclusive kit with everything you need to start 3D printing. Our printer is completely open-source and easily upgradable with all upgrades, spares and parts readily available. Our precision machined aluminium frame, in house upgraded components, heated bed, auto bed leveling, good quality electronics and perfected firmware all lead to the highest print quality of any Prusa i3 available. All this paired with our comprehensive build guide and unrivaled technical support means the DIYElectronics Prusa i3 is the most value for money 3D printer on the market to date.
All of our products are properly packaged and protected as well as fully insured during delivery to your required destination so you can rest assured you will receive your printer in good order.
- Heated print surface
- In house designed extruder able to extrude a multitude of filaments
- Full metal frame and body (precision machined aliminium)
- E3D v6 all metal hotend assembly
- Hi Quality electronics
- Fully open source and upgradable
- Comprehensive build guide included
- 6mm Aluminium Laser Cut Prusa i3 Frame - much more rigid than perspex. (We pre-drill and tap all the holes in this frame for this kit to make your assembly much quicker and smoother with less chance of a small mistake ruining your build!)
- Prusa i3 Printed Parts - ABS+
- Our own design extruder , a remake of the Greg Wade with major improvements.
- Assembled All Metal E3D Style Hotend with 40W heater cartridge and 100k 1% thermistor
- Modular 12V DC power supply with RAMPS power connector plugs installed - 240W
- RAMPS 1.4 Printer Electronics Kit (RAMPS 1.4 board + Arduino Mega + 4x A4988 stepper motor drivers) -assembled and tested.
- Prusa i3 Stepper Motor Kit (5x NEMA17 609 Stepper Motors)
- GT2 Timing Belt Kit
- Bearing Kit for Prusa i3 (11x LM8uu, 3x 608zz, 2x 624zz)
- Stainless Steel Smooth Rod Kit
- Threaded Rod Kit
- All Screws/Nuts/Bolts needed for assembly
- MK2B 120W Heated Print Bed
- Full Graphical LCD/SD Card Controller Module
- 200x200mm Glass Print Bed Top (Pre-applied Kapton tape) + Springs (If you plan to print with ABS, we suggest adding a roll of Kapton tape to your order)
- Instructions, Advice and Support from our experienced friendly team of electronic and mechanical engineers! :)
What do you need?
- Time, Patience and the willingness to learn! While our kit will go together quickly in the hands of an average maker(a day or two on average), please remember that home desktop 3D printing is quite a learning curve and will require a lot of experimentation to learn the ins and outs of getting a high quality print! Things will go wrong, you will make mistakes and you will need to invest some time to get good prints :)
- Basic hand tools: Screwdrivers, Spanners/Sockets, Pliers, Side Cutters, Hand Drill for cleaning up printed parts etc.
- A soldering iron and associated skill is NOT required for our kit, but we recommend investing in one along with a multimeter to help you fix broken connections and troubleshoot electronic problems that may occur in the future.
Why is our kit THE BEST?!
- We do all the wiring for you! Unlike other suppliers priced similarly or even several thousand rand more, we prepare all of the wiring for you. This is no easy task, especially for beginners. power supply is modified for use, motor wires are extended and connectors crimped, thermistors are wired and crimped etc etc. No one else offers a kit as electronically 'Plug and Play' as ours.
- Our kit is the most complete kit for
- The Prusa Iteration 3 is the latest most up to date design around, giving the perfect balance between affordability, ease of assembly, performance and simplicity of design. We always stay up to date with the latest trends and additions, updating our kit as soon as parts have been through our testing process.
- Our electronics require zero assembly or soldering. Simply build your printer, connect the plugs and sockets into the correct places as per the provided wiring diagram/documentation and connect to your PC It won't be long from there until you are printing!
- We provide full documentation for the build, handy online resources and full friendly support during your build should you get stuck. We request that support questions are emailed and make reference to the section of the build guide that you are having problems with. Email support during the build is FREE. Printer kits brought back to our workshop for support will be charged at R250 per hour. We do not do telephonic support for the following reasons. Firstly technical details are often not communicated properly by phone and secondly email gives us a written history so we can look back and see what has allready been done.
Which Nozzle should I choose?
For beginners 0.5mm or 0.4mm is our recommendation.
- 0.5mm prints most average sized objects well, prints fast and doesn't clog easily.
- 0.4mm if you are after a little finer detail on small objects at the expense of print time (smaller nozzle means more time to print the same object).
- 0.3mm nozzles are for slow printing high detailed objects and is best combined with 1.75mm filament as this gives the extruder more precise control of the volume of filament extruded. 0.3mm nozzles can be difficult to setup, we don't recommend 0.3mm nozzles for beginners! They provide a large amount of back pressure, thus your extruder needs to be setup well and are for more experienced users.
- 0.2mm is very difficult to use and is only recommended for experienced users that want to experiment.
The all metal hotend features interchangable nozzles in 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 and 0.8mm allowing for easy upgrades. Due to the nature of the all metal hotend, high print temperatures are possible. This opens the door for exotic filaments such as Nylon etc.The hotend comes fully assembled with heater cartridge and thermistor. If you want extra nozzle's please add these to your order as a separate line item from the hotend category page.
What Filament Diameter should I choose?
3mm filament is no longer reccomended for new printers and is legacy product. If you are not sure what you need then certainly 1.75mm.
What software does it use? Is it free?
All the software that our printers run on is completely free! There are many options out there for running your printer, we use Marlin firmware on our RAMPS 1.4 boards which is open source. On the PC side we use Repetier-Host to communicate with the printer and control it. Repetier-Host also comes with Slic3r built in, our first choice for slicing your models.
Check out this awesome time-lapse of a build by one of our customers!! :D
* Please note: the main picture shows our fully upgraded kit with all the optional extras added.