We source as many parts as possible in South Africa - and all the pre assembly (wiring etc ) is done in house making this kit the only one in South Africa that has a high local content .Something to note is that we keep all imported parts in stock so if a part needs replacing we can supply, minimal down time! Parts for fully imported kits can be a problem. Also we will supply you the print files if you want to print spare printed parts.
- All parts are in this kit that are needed to build a Prusa i3 3D printer, no hidden extras (Except a roll of plastic!).
- Full Build Guide Documentation, Free Downloadable Software and Email Tech Support Included
- This kit is soldering free. All you need to do is to plug all the connectors into the correct locations.
- Perfect for building with kids!
Includes everything you need, just add plastic! Please note this means the kit does not come with any filament .You must add this to the order. This is because we carry a large range of filament and to add all the different types on this page would complicate matters.
- 6mm Aluminium Laser Cut Prusa i3 Anodized Frame - much more rigid than perspex. (We pre-drill and tap all the holes in this frame for this kit to make your assembly much quicker and smoother with less chance of a small mistake ruining your build!)
- Prusa i3 Printed Parts - ABS+
- Our own design extruder , a remake of the Greg Wade with major improvements.
- Our in-house designed auto bed leveling kit
- Assembled All Metal E3D Style Hotend with 40W heater cartridge and 100k 1% thermistor
- Modular 12V DC power supply with RAMPS power connector plugs installed - 240W
- RAMPS 1.4 Printer Electronics Kit (RAMPS 1.4 board + Arduino Mega + 4x A4988 stepper motor drivers) -assembled and tested.
- Prusa i3 Stepper Motor Kit (5x NEMA17 609 Stepper Motors)
- GT2 Timing Belt Kit
- Bearing Kit for Prusa i3 (11x LM8uu, 3x 608zz, 2x 624zz)
- Stainless Steel Smooth Rod Kit
- High quality lead screw Kit
- All Screws/Nuts/Bolts needed for assembly
- MK2B 120W Heated Print Bed
- Full Graphical LCD/SD Card Controller Module
- 250x270mm Drilled Aluminium XL Bed + Springs (If you plan to print with ABS, we suggest adding a roll of Kapton tape to your order)
- Instructions, Advice and Support from our experienced friendly team of electronic and mechanical engineers! :)
What do you need?
- Time, Patience and the willingness to learn! While our kit will go together quickly in the hands of an average maker(a day or two on average), please remember that home desktop 3D printing is quite a learning curve and will require a lot of experimentation to learn the ins and outs of getting a high quality print! Things will go wrong, you will make mistakes and you will need to invest some time to get good prints :)
- Basic hand tools: Screwdrivers, Spanners/Sockets, Pliers, Side Cutters, Hand Drill for cleaning up printed parts etc.
- A soldering iron and associated skill is NOT required for our kit, but we recommend investing in one along with a multimeter to help you fix broken connections and troubleshoot electronic problems that may occur in the future.
Why is our kit THE BEST?!
- We do all the wiring for you! Unlike other suppliers priced similarly or even several thousand rand more, we prepare all of the wiring for you. This is no easy task, especially for beginners. power supply is modified for use, motor wires are extended and connectors crimped, thermistors are wired and crimped etc etc. No one else offers a kit as electronically 'Plug and Play' as ours.
- Our kit is the most complete kit for
- The Prusa Iteration 3 is the latest most up to date design around, giving the perfect balance between affordability, ease of assembly, performance and simplicity of design. We always stay up to date with the latest trends and additions, updating our kit as soon as parts have been through our testing process.
- Our electronics require zero assembly or soldering. Simply build your printer, connect the plugs and sockets into the correct places as per the provided wiring diagram/documentation and connect to your PC It won't be long from there until you are printing!
- We provide full documentation for the build, handy online resources and full friendly support during your build should you get stuck. We request that support questions are emailed and make reference to the section of the build guide that you are having problems with. Email support during the build is FREE. Printer kits brought back to our workshop for support will be charged at R250 per hour. We do not do telephonic support for the following reasons. Firstly technical details are often not communicated properly by phone and secondly email gives us a written history so we can look back and see what has allready been done.
Which Nozzle should I choose?
For beginners 0.5mm or 0.4mm is our recommendation.
- 0.5mm prints most average sized objects well, prints fast and doesn't clog easily.
- 0.4mm if you are after a little finer detail on small objects at the expense of print time (smaller nozzle means more time to print the same object).
- 0.3mm nozzles are for slow printing high detailed objects and is best combined with 1.75mm filament as this gives the extruder more precise control of the volume of filament extruded. 0.3mm nozzles can be difficult to setup, we don't recommend 0.3mm nozzles for beginners! They provide a large amount of back pressure, thus your extruder needs to be setup well and are for more experienced users.
- 0.2mm is very difficult to use and is only recommended for experienced users that want to experiment.
The all metal hotend features interchangable nozzles in 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 and 0.8mm allowing for easy upgrades. Due to the nature of the all metal hotend, high print temperatures are possible. This opens the door for exotic filaments such as Nylon etc.The hotend comes fully assembled with heater cartridge and thermistor. If you want extra nozzle's please add these to your order as a separate line item from the hotend category page.
What Filament Diameter should I choose?
3mm filament is no longer reccomended for new printers and is legacy product. If you are not sure what you need then certainly 1.75mm.
What software does it use? Is it free?
All the software that our printers run on is completely free! There are many options out there for running your printer, we use Marlin firmware on our RAMPS 1.4 boards which is open source. On the PC side we use Repetier-Host to communicate with the printer and control it. Repetier-Host also comes with Slic3r built in, our first choice for slicing your models.